I recently had the honor to present at The State Department’s Tech@State event for Mobile Money on the intersection of Mobile Money with Food Security. It was great to see the level of interest and momentum that the government has behind this, recognizing the mobile money will be the key to financial inclusion world-wide. I was joined by a number of other mobile money experts. The recap can be found here.
The Food Security/Mobile Money presentation can be accessed on slideshare. Two critical videos to watch to gain a better understanding of the use of mobile money for food security are:
Mobile Money Vouchers by Mobile Transactions
Mobile Micro-Insurance by Syngenta Foundation
At the end of the event, I joined my colleagues to discuss the opportunities and challenges that lie ahead and reiterated that I hope this is just the beginning of a dialog between private-public sectors to help advance this industry. The video can be found here.
Stay tuned on a number of items…
1. Working on the intersections of mobile money and mHealth for the mHealth Alliance (United Nations Foundation) and The World Economic Forum
2. Upcoming event on September 13, 2010 in San Francisco as a Bay Area recap of Tech@State and “Around the World in 80 Minutes” to demonstrate some mobile payments systems from around the globe. Registration for this event will be announced on my LinkedIn Group: Mobile Payments Series – mPay Connect
- RT @LaurenPastrana: MSD students arrive to @AMarch4OurLives. Crowd is chanting “Thank you!” @CBSMiami https://t.co/Zf2yhgdM2P 1 year ago
- My eleven year-old nephew wanted to learn about and is now reading my blockchain books and teaching my mom. Such a proud Auntie!!!! 1 year ago
- RT @joanwalsh: God bless you Fred Guttenberg. I'm sorry for your loss. You, not @DLoesch, will have the last word. twitter.com/CNN/status/971… 1 year ago
- Go Valerie!!!!! twitter.com/Valbuck/status… 1 year ago
- RT @tha_rami: A 44-year old man with severe mental issues attacked my former high school in the Netherlands today. Since he did not have a… 1 year ago
- Before our next vote, have this NRA donations to congressmen handy. I’d like to see the FULL list of congressmen t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 year ago